Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A beginning.... and..... an end......

For the first time in 6 years since becoming a stay at home mom, the house is quiet on the first day of school.

No one to home school, no one to preschool…. Nothing for me, except, me.

I am happy and sad.

I was excited that Lexie was starting school, but then I realized when walking back in the door this morning after the bus picked up the girls; I heard the ending of the Backyardigans…. A Nickelodeon cartoon we watched together each morning…… this isn’t the beginning of something new… this is the end of something great. No more considered a toddler, no more cuddling on the couch together in the mornings during the week watching her favorite shows, just her and I as it has been for almost 5 years. No more secret snacks that no one else new about. Now it's making three lunches each night, getting up in the morning to catch a bus, and homework in the afternoons.....
The last of my three, off to make her mark on this country along with her brother and sister, my baby.
Now that I have time to do the things I want to do, I almost want another day, another day of Dora, the backyardigans and Mickey Mouse in the morning......

the house is quiet. . . . .

At least until this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Very SWEETLY written.

    Today was OUR first day of school, too....with BOTH kids gone. CJ and I looked at each other and he said, "now what do we do? it feels like we are on a date." He was kind of sad....but NOT ME! of course, mine are both still doing preschool and only gone for 2 1/2 hours...so perhaps I will shed some tears NEXT year, however, I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete